Tuesday, 18 April 2017
Asus ZenFone 3 Laser (ZC551KL) now receiving Android Nougat update
After ZenFone 3 and ZenFone 3 Deluxe, Asus is now rolling out Android Nougat to ZenFone 3 Laser ZC551KL. The update has build number 14.2015.1701.13 and the update weighs at 1.3GB.
According to Asus, Nougat update enables FET VoLTE and VoWiFi on ZenFone 3 Laser. The company has also released the update change log, revealing the changes, it has done to its ZenUI.
Though not mentioned, the update will also include Nougat features like split-screen multi-tasking, streamlined notifications and settings window, improved Google keyboard, improved doze mode and along with updated security patch, bug fixes, system enhancements and optimizations.
- Remove "Share Link" as it does not work properly on Android N
- Remove redundant app shortcuts “Audio Wizard”, “Splendid”, “System update” and “Flashlight” from all apps menu
- Remove “Tap and hold to show menu” from, and add “Tap and hold to activate Multi-window” to Settings > ASUS customized settings > Recent apps key
- Quick Settings now supports multiple pages, you can swipe lft to right to see more quick settings if using more than 12. User can enter or edit screen by tap the edit button on top right corner to determine which settings enabling or disabling.
- Split “Ringtone & Notifications” volume bar into “Ringtone” and “Notification” volume bars on “Volume Panel” and “Sound & Vibration” Settings. So users can adjust “Ringtone” and “Notification” volume respectively
- Remove Shake Shake from ZenMotion.
- Please note that some live wallpapers (Holo Spiral, Bubbles, Black Hole, Phase Beam) are not compatible with Android N and will be removed after system upgrade.
- For user who upgrade from Android M to Android N and do Factory reset, the home workspace will be updated to the new layout.
As usual the update will roll out in phases, which means, only a small number of device will initially get the update before a wider roll out. If you've not received the update notification, you can do a manual check by going to 【Setting】>【About】>【System Update】.
To refresh your memory, the ZenFone 3 Laser is a camera-centric smartphone boasting 13MP PixelMaster 3.0 rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, Sony IMX214 sensor with 2nd gen laser auto-focus that lets you focus in 0.03 seconds, electronic image stabilization (minimizes blur when you photograph something that is moving) and color correction sensor. For selfies and video calling there's 8MP front facing camera.
Other specs include 5.5-inch Full HD display, Snapdragon 430 processor, 4GB RAM, 32GB expandable storage, fingerprint scanner and 3000mAh battery. It carries a price tag of Rs. 16,999 and is available via Flipkart.